CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 3, 2009

BRATs essay

Now here comes the real thing...

Brats essay!

Haha....

............................

Sea… I love how they sun loses its shine when it sets, as if it was swallowed by the vast open sea. I can spend hours just laying on the sand, listening to the seagulls and the crashing waves. How I wish I could have a house right by the sea side. That way, instead of being forced out of bed to school every morning, I can be awakened by the crashing waves against the rock.

I am a 17 year old normal teenage girl. Well, particularly normal as in the ones who seek for good results and better future. I am short in whichever angle you see me. Can’t blame me though for being short as I am indeed born in a family of stouts. Plus the red jacket I usually wear to school, my friends had given me a nickname, which is “little red riding hood”. Even the teachers in school call me that! I’m mischievous in nature, always pulling pranks on my family members and friends. Those who don’t know me well would think that I’m snobbish. But actually, I’m slow in warming up to people. Those who are close to me would find that I’m a lunatic joker, cheerful and jovial.

One thing I hate the most is being betrayed. It just makes me feel inferior and disappointed. Imagine your trust has been betrayed and you lose your self-esteem. This is a feeling that is hard to fathom and I don’t think I can ever forgive anyone who betrays me. My next pet hate is certainly the green icky peas. With every bite I take makes me feel like there’s no tomorrow! I get this gross feeling whenever I taste the inner part of the pea. It tastes like sand, yuck!

I have a warm, loving family which consists of my father, mother and me! Yes, I am the only child in the family but I would have been lonely if it weren’t for my cousin sister who had been staying with us since birth. My father is the Head of Department with a property development firm whereas my mother is a homemaker. My father could be cynical at times, but he means no harm. It’s just one of his ways to show his affection. I learn a lot from him in the sense that when we criticize, it really bites. My mother, on the other hand, is kind of like those strict nannies in the olden days, the amahs with their long hair tied into a ponytail. The cane would be brandishing in her hand, chasing after us whenever we are naughty. My, oh my all the blue-blacks left indents on my body.

Where school is concerned, I am one of the committee members in the Japanese Society. As part of my responsibility, I had been given a task of organizing our yearly society school trip, which also leads me to being the one in charge of contacting the right people or authority. Oh boy was it hard to please our teacher. With every destination we’ve selected, he just shook his head and gave us the glare. The one which, you know will get you in trouble if you don’t show any results sooner. I wonder if it’s really that hard to please the bosses when I go out to join the rat race… Just recently our society had arranged a “Japanese student tour guide” program. We, as a member of the Japanese Society were given the chance of being their tour guide for the day. We were each in charge of eight students, like a mother hen with her eight chicks wandering around town. Even though it was my 5th year in this society, I still couldn’t converse well in Japanese. How embarrassing… Nevertheless, it was quite an experience and we truly enjoyed ourselves.

Art is my passion, my life! My creative juices flow every time I spot something out of the ordinary. So much so that fantasy starts raging through my mind. What I see is what I draw, manga style. Playing music had always been part of my life since young. I’m glad to have been given the opportunity to learn this wonderful skill as slowly I have come to acquire the taste of good music. Combine this with my art skills, it will definitely brighten up my future. Animation artist has always been my dream job. I believe that will be the demand in the future.

All said, I believe in this motto, “Inspiration is the Key to Aspiration”. Oh, and by the way, did I forget to introduce myself? I’m Audrey Lim, pleasure to meet you.

..........................

I don't really forllow the motto...

At least not this year...

Coz i have no inspiration... ><

0 comments: